17 May 2008

Celebrating life..


It's my Birthday! ...yes I was reminded by the numerous happy advance birthday wishes ! waking up this morning it felt like today is no different from previous years really but this year however, I feel it is time for a new resolve, a new positioning and new EVERTHING(am badly in need of a makeover , new outfit etc. too!) I need change, I need to re-connect with God and my inner self after being so involved with the goings on of having a baby and crazy workload.I am sad to say I have to an extent let go of myself.. everything is concentrated on what Lil D's needs were and that coupled with Work demands don't give me a lot of time to poor me AND Hubz. I am pretty sure he feels neglected so I am trying to make it right but by first attending to... Me. Hence the need to change.


Growing a year older also seems to put your life in perspective , for me at least now that I have the responsibility of raising another life. Being a parent, wife and a good employee is never easy but is anything easy at all ? there are always elements of difficulty right. Sighs... I still remember the time when friends treated me to a surprise birthday party that was my 15Th Birthday if memory serves me right ahh..those were happy times when everything was simple and straightforward.. despite the goings on in the family I knew I was thought of and loved by those who matters.

Moving away from the mother ship ( about 25 minutes away by Air) with a new family I have had to adapt to a lot of things . A whole new life really and it still takes a lot of getting use to. I guess I adapt well enough seeing that I spent the beginning of my adult life overseas. Then, I enjoyed the single and carefree student life .. I did not miss home as much then maybe because I know I will be returning back home eventually. That's different now.. I am constantly missing the place i called home. There are moments when you smell a certain scent or see and feel something that just transports you back. I miss that little place in the land below the wind..more so now because I know for now or maybe forever, where I am is home with Hubz and lil D. Thank GOD the mother ship is only 25 minutes away by plane and accessible by road hehe.. so Drama lah kan :P but for those who live away from home I am sure has at one point experienced the same thing.

We were dined and feted by the family at Zaika's last nite a sort of Birthday eve and Birthday celebration. "We" because my cousin was also celebrating his 16th Birthday on the 16th May how cool is that .. it was a pleasant dinner, yummy food and loads of catching up (note to self: take loads of pics next time) . Lil D had a lot of fun and had his hands in the cake before we even blew the candle..he later proceeded to lick the blueberry cheesecake from his fingers with relish and a huge smile :). the innocence of a child oh to be child when everything is simple.

I can only thank God that I have been bestowed with life and surrounded with family and friends that matters most . Thank you all for the best wishes, you know who you are!

2 comments:

LifeBloom said...

Jur u should take pics and include them in your posts now....your readership will be blooming soon!

Zed said...

Will definitely try! hehe