09 August 2008

08.08.08

A multitude of events happend on the date above, historic milestones on every event.
First event
That date marks the 2nd Birthday of my first born..my pride and joy. Lil'D had a good Birthday albeit marked only with close family members from my side of the family at home but he had a ball , oh the laughter and voice level was so high you could not hear yourself talk . Cakes, balloons and good company what more could you ask for ey.. its done simply as opposed to the big bash I would've liked to throw but due to Hubz first cousins Nikah (solemnisation of marriage) that day and we were heavily involved in the preparations it was just not plausible to have a big bash everyone would've been just so tired. Seeing that LilD has cousins whose birthday is before his , we might throw them a party at Jungle Gym, I am sure the kids will have an even better time .
A historic milestone for Lil'D because he is no longer a baby but a Toddler and that happen on a very very nice date too , it sure looks purty on the cake :) but I am thankful.. thankful that Allah Taala has bestowed me lilD, May Allah SWT bless my child with all things great and protect him from all things bad.
Second event
As I mentioned .. it was also Hubz 1st cuzzy's Nikah. It was a mad rush to get things organize and I had to go into work for a meeting and tie up loose end seeing that I will be flying off Monday and wont come in to the office since my flight is in the morning. Anyhoo, back to the wedding , it was a simple affair but boy was it a super duper hot day yesterday , it did not help that I was coming down with flu and just do not feel well generally . Must be the lack of sleep. They rented a bus for the rombongan and all the hantaran to be transported to the Brides house and it makes perfectly good sense to rent one so that they won't be bothered with parking problems etc.
I can tell ya...there must have been heaps of weddings happening yesterday . So many choosing to solemnize their union on this unique date. After all this date comes once in a life time.
Third event
The Beijing Olympics also occurred , it was absolutely super impressive! I am just amazed at how gorgeous the opening ceremony show was, it was produced and directed by the epic film director Zang Yi Mou... he married the traditional and the modern and the result was simply breath taking and amazing. I was told that it was the most expensive production and could not be matched by any previous Olympics. I can see why too.
3 events in 1 weekend.. I now need a good sleep and a massage just to recuperate.. Phew!

2 comments:

LifeBloom said...

Wow - what a historic (and tiring!) day for you....Happy Bday Lil D!!! All set for KL pulak! :-D

Zed said...

indeed.. very very tiring hehehe...