29 April 2009

This and That

We have settled back with the in-laws , LilD absolutely loved it because my SIL and kids were back from Turkey ..not that they can really understand what the other talks about but the kids spoke a language that is a time honored tradition , the language of children.. isn't it funny that kids can "communicate" and enjoy each other without really understanding what the other is saying..I always marvel at this.

Aside from that AF7 is on going so is American Idol.. this year somehow I am more into American Idol than I am AF7.. not a lot of opinion on either so I resolved to just sit back and enjoy the ride .. am rooting for Adam lambert , Matt G and Danny Gokey  for AI.

On the work front .. boy was there many many changes.. we have a different boss now, different style all around but more importantly our previous Department is a fraction of what it used to .. sadness does not even begin to cover it.. the whole team feels dejected. The staff are being moved here and there.. and its just not the same any more. This however did not dissuade me, I seemed to have gained a new kind of resolve lately ... which is not to be too bothered with what's going on around me and just do my job and whatever crap they dished at me.. sure we grouse about it but I am extra careful not to let it get to me too much, I suppose that is life right ? I just feel that I need to be in a good frame of mind at this stage of my life.. sure there will be ups and downs but if the experiences early this year have taught anything it is to be firm on my resolve .

LilD will be starting school soon... I don't know if his baba and mummy is ready but we know it'll be good for him.. the teacher said it may be worth our while to enroll him in May (this saturday) since he will be 2 years 9 months soon but the dad and I think we will send him in June instead . He seemed to have enjoyed his assessment and having a laugh with new found friends so I am sure he will enjoy school but being a mom I can't help but think.. will he be able to sit still and listen to the teacher, will he be running around making too much noise, will he be sleepy since he normally naps in the afternoon ( he is slotted to go to Afternoon sessions the morning ones is full).. but I suppose we will just have to let him learn and we just have to learn to let go. Sighs my baby is growing up too fast. 

The outbreak of Swine Flu does not assure me either .. I mean its the Flu for crying out loud, how does one contain these virus that its airborne and can you imagine how easy one could catch it.. so we are extra diligent now.. always washing hands .. the advise is go back to basics .. wash hands after everything. Please take a moment to check out the powerpoint slides , got a heads up of it from a friend :



Be safe and healthy people.. until next time.. toodles

xox



No comments: