07 November 2008

Hope Won

On the historic day of 5th November 2008, Hope won!

The victory of this person is now preserved in the annals of history to be the first African-american who became the President of the U. S of A. From the start people were weary but what is so obvious is this, the people do not want another Bush administration in the white house and people are ready for change. Enough with invading and "colonizing" other countries, lets get back to the basics and concentrate on what really matters their people and how they relate to the rest of the world.

To me personally , I am happy because from his speeches I feel that he is a reasonable man, a thinking man he unifies the people that transcends across the board regardless of color , religion and political believes. I think looking at how the Americans behaved during the results they felt the same way too. I know some of my fellow country man and adopted place say why are you so affected by this.. he is not your president. To them my answer is this..I care that he is being elected because I know that country's policy will affect the rest of the world. I also can't help drawing parallels to JFK for some reason. That he is charismatic and calm and fair appealed to me, that he is able to tell off the press for not going down and doing the dirty when the oppositions running mate's daughter got pregnant out of wedlock, tells me he is a fair man with integrity. The fact that he has respect for other religion and understands other cultures assures me. He unified his people and they feel that they are ready to take the journey with him.

In this difficult time of financial upheavals we need a rational man. I hope his administration will be able to guide his people and the rest of the world through this very difficult time. I hope he fulfills his promise and if he cant at least take a step on the right direction. Hope Won and I hope the dreams materializes.

Congratulations Barack Obama I am proud to be able to witness this history.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obama I like but critics went to his wife's dress which for me is ok hehe. Yes we can! :)

Zed said...

Yeah.. trust them to focus on that instead.. they were after all mourning masa atu ka so have to wear black ler hehe but she did have a splash of red! hehe